Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chicago - What A Town!

             Well, I ran, or should I say "hobbled" the 2008 Chicago Marathon. It was my first and I dare say 'not my last' marathon. My finishing time is quite embarrassing (6:51) but for good reasons, here's one:
















I think this was around mile 17, I forget. I also think I would have done better without it... ya think?!?!
               Steve, my lunatic friend http://stevetursi.blogspot.com/ , stuck with me till the end; WHAT A FRIEND!!! He did, however, harrass me, call me a wuss (and other words I'd rather not repeat :) most of the second half of the marathon; all in good faith.. I don't think I'd want it any other way.

I did have an amazing reason for being a part of this marathon. I ran to get kids in Rwanda Africa sponsored. I partnered with an organization called World Vision and they use these opportunities to motivate people to get kids sponsored. When a kid gets sponsored, he or she gets medical attention, education, better housing, etc... and it spreads throughout their communities. You really have no idea, I have no idea what it's like to not have the basic necessities like clean water, food, toilets, among other things and I've been there and witnessed how they have to live. So, sponsoring a child is literally changing the world, one person at a time.

Please sponsor a child. http://www.runningforrwanda.org/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

6:51?!?! what a wuss!
and meh. that blister is nothing.